Ms. Atena Papatraian
Ms Papatraian is a Registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and member of the British Psychological Society (BPS). Qualification in Forensic Psychology and certification in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, Rational-Emotive Behaviour Therapy, Schema Therapy, Dialectical-Behavioural Therapy and Intensive Short Psychodynamic Therapy.
She has sixteen years of professional experience in a variety of settings: community services, secure and non-secure hospitals and correctional settings.
Her areas of expertise:
- Psychological assessments of adults involved in legal proceedings: criminal and civil matters, childcare proceedings and family courts, mental health tribunals and parole boards
- Specialist forensic assessments: risk assessments (violence, arson, stalking, sexual violence, risk of relapse or re-offending), assessment of personality disorders linked to risk to self and/or others, deception and malingering
- Psychological assessments of cognitive functioning in learning disabilities, ADHD, cognitive deficits linked to substance misuse, in psychosis spectrum-disorders, dementia and other neuro-degenerative conditions,
- Assessment of trauma, PTSD, complex PTSD, dissociation, affective and adjustment disorders
- Assessment of victims of violence and sexual violence, adult sexual exploitation and trafficking, domestic abuse and risk to children
- Psychological formulations using evidence-based conceptual frameworks; cultural formulations where appropriate
- Provision of individual and group therapies for adults (CBT, REBT, DBT, Schema Therapy)