Expert in Mind Limited Privacy Notice for Customers and Contacts
Expert in Mind Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 06563261
GDPR regulates the processing of personal data:
Expert in Mind as Data Processors
Expert in Mind receives instruction from legal representatives where an Expert mental health report is required. The Legal representative (Data Controller) instructing Expert in Mind will provide the personal data, including sensitive personal data, required for the preparation of the mental health report by a member of the Expert in Mind panel.
Expert in Mind as Data Controllers
Expert in Mind will pass the data, including sensitive data, received from the instructing legal representative to the allocated Expert. The data is required for the Expert to formulate an opinion in relation to an individual’s mental health.
Expert in Mind panel members as Data Processors
An instructed Expert is passed data, including sensitive data, to enable them to provide opinion in relation to an individual’s mental health. All members of the Expert in Mind panel have signed a Data Processing Agreement to ensure GDPR compliance in relation to how data is handled, stored and managed while in the Expert’s possession.
The Purpose for Processing:
We will process your personal data for the following purpose:
As part of the process of entering into a contract with your company.
To facilitate in the provision of services to your company.
To provide your business with service updates or important notices.
Fulfil our existing contractual obligations to your company.
In order to form a defence of any legal claim that may be brought against us.
To invite you to events that we believe may be of interest to you.
To carry out market research to enable us to improve our services and product offerings.
Lawful Basis for Processing
We will process your personal data in line with one of the following lawful bases:
We will be processing your personal data on the basis of consent for marketing purposes.
If you are a customer then it will be necessary for us to process your personal data as part of fulfilling the existing, or soon to be established contractual agreement between Expert in Mind Ltd. and the customer.
Categories of Recipients
If you are a customer then we will need to retain your personal data for the duration of our contractual relationship. Following the termination of your contract, we will also need to retain your personal data for legal and regulatory purposes:
- Retained whilst pursuing any outstanding invoices
- For a further 6 years for HMRC audit purposes following the payment of an invoice
If we are solely processing your personal data for marketing purposes then we will retain your personal data unless you have advised us that you have withdrawn your consent
Under the Data Protection Act you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to Access - You have a right to request a copy of your personal data.
- Right to Rectification - You have the right to ask us at any time to make any corrections or remove any personal data that you believe is inaccurate.
- Right to Data Portability - You have the right to request for the information we hold about you to be provided in a portable format.
- Right to Erasure - You have the right to request the erasure of the personal data. However we may still need to keep basic contact information about you if you are already or will shortly be an active customer as we will require this for contractual purposes.
- Right to Restriction - You have the right to request a restriction in the processing of your personal data. However we may still need to keep basic contact information about you if you are already or will shortly be an active customer as we will require this for contractual purposes.
- Right to Objection - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. However we may still need to keep basic contact information about you if you are already or will shortly be an active customer as we will require this for contractual purposes.
We will aim to respond to any requests relating to your rights without undue delay and in any case within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request. We may ask you to confirm your identity so that we can validate a request. If you would like to make a request, please email or write to us using the contact details provided below.
To Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for marketing activities. You can withdraw your consent to marketing activity at any time using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any of our marketing emails. Alternatively you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a customer then we will still need to keep basic contact information about you as we will require this for contractual purposes.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of our process and you would like to file a complaint please contact us using the details below.
Alternatively if you would like to make a complaint or report a concern about the way in which we have processed your personal data then please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office who will be able to provide further assistance.
If you have any further questions or would like to raise any concerns about the way in which your personal data has been processed please feel free to contact us at
Tel: 01424 444130
Mail: Expert in Mind, Astec House, Sedlescombe Road South
St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex, TN38 0TA