The Great Post Office Scandal – The Human Cost (Unmissable!)
The Great Post Office Scandal is the story of how these innocent people had their lives ruined by a once-loved national institution and how, against overwhelming odds, they fought back to clear their names.
Nick Wallis, best known for his work on the Post Office Horizon IT scandal, joins us and we are honoured to announce that he will host this informative and frankly mind blowing webinar on the Post Office Scandal.
On 23rd April 2021, the Court of Appeal quashed the convictions of 39 former Subpostmasters and ruled their prosecutions were an affront to the public conscience.
They had been prosecuted by the Post Office using IT evidence from an unreliable computer system called Horizon. However, when the Post Office became aware that Horizon didn’t work properly, it covered it up.
Nick describes how a group of Subpostmasters worked out what was going on. Formed a campaign group and fought the government-owned Post Office through the courts to eventual victory.
The Great Post Office Scandal has been described as “an extraordinary journalistic exposé of a huge miscarriage of justice” by Ian Hislop, Editor of Private Eye Magazine. Dame Joan Bakewell says “Nick’s narrative has the power of a great thriller as he lays bare the lies and deceit that has ruined so many lives.”
A taster of what you can expect:
- Nick is a regular correspondent on The One Show, was the first journalist to take BBC television cameras inside GCHQ and has a long running show, ‘Caught on Camera’.
- He is perhaps best known for his work on The Post Office Horizon scandal. In 2020 he fronted a ten-part series for BBC Radio 4. A BBC Panorama and he co-wrote a Private Eye Special.
- In 2021 Nick published a book titled The Great Post Office Scandal. We are honoured to announce that he will host this informative and mind blowing webinar on the Post Office Scandal.
- Discover the real truth behind the scandal. The huge impact it has taken on the sub postmasters and their families alike.
- This fascinating talk by Nick is truly unmissable. It gives an insight into the fascinating legal journey and the impacts on the mental health of so many.
- Concludes with an interactive Q&A session
We have ensured that considerable time is set aside at the end of our webinar for a Q&A session.
During this time you will have the chance to directly engage with Nick and get all the answers you are looking for regarding the scandal. Here you will be able to delve deeper into a particular concept, or simply share your thoughts.
Take the opportunity to learn the facts by Nick himself, and join us on Friday the 29th of September 2023 at 9.30am – 11.30am GMT by copy/pasting or clicking on this link for full information and to register – https://www.workcast.com/register?cpak=7155840553507442 today.
We look forward to seeing you.
Contact us Today!
Expert In Mind is the leading provider of Expert Psychiatrists and Psychologists to the legal sector throughout the UK. Our exceptional service and specialized knowledge saves you precious time and helps you get the best outcome for your client.
Our highly experienced Experts, personal service, and strict recruitment criteria ensure the highest standard of report for your case. Contact us today to learn how we can help you by visiting our website, or call us on 01424 444130.
We look forward to working alongside you.